Welcome to the AMBA Community
The following Community Guidelines are here to help you understand what it means to be a
member of the AMBA community. Don't forget that your use of the community is subject to these Guidelines
1. Inappropriate Content – This is a senior-level forum and we encourage constructive
criticism; however, we do not accept personal attacks of any kind. Any comments that
might reasonably be expected to cause distress will be removed, including sensitive issues
relating to gender, race, nationality, sexual orientation, religion and disability.
2. Fraud and Identity – As this community is a place to profile your professional
achievements, we cannot tolerate any false information being distributed about yourself or
other people, and this includes falsifying your own identity or creating a false presence or
3. Advertising/Spam and Commercial – In consideration of other members and to
encourage a healthy business forum, advertising and commercial posts are not permitted
in this community and will be removed. Any external advertising is not permitted,
including buying and selling, referral links and promotion of private retailers.
4. Personal Details – We respect the privacy of all AMBA members and do not allow the
public circulation of sensitive details such as home addresses, phone numbers, email
addresses or bank account details. You are free to share this information with other AMBA
members in private at your own discretion.
5. Illegal or Copyright Misuse - You are not permitted to post any content that infringes the
rights of any third party, use of copyright or trademarks, legal matters or litigation within
6. Harassment – Harassment or cyber-bullying of any kind will not be tolerated towards
other members of the community or staff. This includes nuisance communications. If you
feel harassed or bullied in anyway you are encouraged to contact a member of the AMBA
7. Guideline Breaches – Breaches of any of these guidelines may result in the removal of any
of your content within the AMBA community, prevention of contributing further content,
temporary suspension or in extreme cases permanent suspensions from the community
and the Global AMBAssador program if applicable.
8. Disputes - In the event of disputes, or clarification on any of the guidelines, the community
management team has the final say. We will not discuss details of our moderation
decisions on the public forums. If you wish to escalate any discussion or dispute you may
have with a member of our community team, please contact the Community Manager.
9. Updating of the guidelines – These guidelines are subject to change without notice, you
are encouraged to review them on a regular basis.
To report any content on the community that you feel may be in breach of any of the above
guidelines, simply click ‘More’ underneath the post and select ‘Flag as Spam/Abuse’ The report will
then be reviewed and actioned appropriately. For any reports not based around specific content
you may contact a member of the AMBA community team.